YOU ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR HEALTH SUCCESSES.
TODAY I BRING TO YOU A SUPPORTIVE PODCAST TO MAKE YOU ACCOUNTABLE.
Welcome to the Mindful Health Moment follow-up on becoming accountable.
Last week we discussed setting priorities.
Many times just not being able to get from point A to point B is the reason why we don’t make goals a priority.
For this follow-up, I chose the The Chalene Show podcast #320 “Stop Putting It Off – Top Tips to Overcome Procrastination Now.”
I am a fairly new listener to Chalene’s Show, and stumbled upon her podcast while looking for blogger support.
Blogger podcasts help keep my focus as I wade through the first year of being a blogger and all the “fun” that goes with it.
For me, I fell in love with episode #130 about time-saving tips and I knew I would be back.
Charene’s balance of professionalism and engaging demeanor made me want to be like her when I grow up. 😉
This particular episode bounces off well with last week’s MHM moment because we all know what priorities we need to set especially in regards to our health and fitness, but many times we lack the motivation to do so.
Here is a break down of the highlights of this episode (which almost coincides with Charene’s own bulleted episode list.)
For quick reference, I pulled out the parts that pertain specifically to the topic of why we procrastinate.
Each point is a how to so we can be more accountable AND actionable towards our health and life!
Check out the podcast below and let me know what you think and of course cruise by Charene’s site for more “Get My Life” balance inspo!
- Don’t personally believe the task is important – 2:01
- Not EVERY task is important – 4:48
- Prioritize tasks that “move the needle” – 7:44
- Break it down into smaller bite size pieces — 8:44
- Accountability & Due Dates – 10:14
- Create Accountability – 11:54
- Incremental Rewards – 12:48
- Visualize & Believe — 14:18
- “JUST Freaking Start” – 16:01
- This much closer to success 17:51 / Failure to move IS failure. — 17:57